[FOSS-GPS] rtklib: license of mkl_blas.h

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Fri Aug 13 15:30:13 EDT 2010

Hello Tomoji,

"Tomoji TAKASU" <ttaka at yk.rim.or.jp> writes:
> I have a license of comercial version MKL product
> and Intel permits the comercial user to redistribute
> MKL shared library with user APs. So I beleave the
> package has no problem to include the MKL shared
> library itself.

it's not quite that simple. Every package in Debian must follow the
policy manual [1]. Section 2.2.1 of policy states that

  "Every package in main must comply with the DFSG (Debian Free
   Software Guidelines)."

and DFSG [2] requires source code for programs:

   "The program must include source code, and must allow distribution
    in source code as well as compiled form."

=> Shipping a precompiled binary is not possible.

I am currently just extracting the zip archive, removing *.dll and
*.exe and then creating tar.gz archive that I use as a base for the
Debian source package since the original source archive can not be
used (another reason is that only tar.gz, tar.bz2 and tar.lzma are
supported while zip is not).

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/index.html
[2] http://www.debian.org/social_contract