[FOSS-GPS] FoxtrotGPS GUI customizations

Brian Wilson brian at wildsong.biz
Mon Dec 13 13:13:19 EST 2010

I am putting foxtrotgps onto a car computer with a 7" 800x480 screen.
The computer runs Debian + Matchbox on a Via C7 Mini-ITX board.
FoxtrotGPS runs fine on it already but I want to be able to tune it
for the small screen.

I can see that there is an openmoko version done for its very small screen.

How is the variant managed for Openmoko? I have a vague idea that
there is support for this in GTK+ but I have not dug into it yet.

Is there an external file that is part of the Openmoko project that
defines the small screen layout?

I also notice my Debian/Matchbox computer has flat boring buttons and
my Ubuntu machine gets fancy shaded ones. I assume that's done by
Matchbox and Gnome respectively.

Brian H Wilson
Corvallis Oregon