[FOSS-GPS] Which distro for foxtrotgps on freerunner

Guilhem Bonnefille guilhem.bonnefille at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 15:21:29 EST 2010

Hi,

I want to revive my Freerunner. I want to use foxtrotGPS on this
device, plus navit. Currently I have a QTMoko installed, but I'm not
sure it is the better distro for an optimal use of these softwares.
For example, I tried navit, but it needs GTK+ (while QTMoko use Qt, of
course) and gpsd (while QTMoko has a dedicated framework).
Furthermore, it seems that my install of navit is imperfectly
integrated and I suppose gpsd stayed alive and cleared the battery.

Furthermore, as I use qi-bootmenu, I'm able to use multiple distro.
And this is not a matter as the freerunner is not my main phone.

So, I'm looking for advices on the best distro to use to integrate GPS
related softwares.
I saw that some users of this list have Debian, but I'm quie
frightened by this distro (is it really well integrated for
freerunner, user-friendly enough).
What distro do you use with foxtrotGPS on Freerunner?

Thanks in advance.
--
Guilhem BONNEFILLE
-=- JID: guyou at im.apinc.org MSN: guilhem_bonnefille at hotmail.com