[FOSS-GPS] Re: Integrating osm-gps-map into FoxtrotGPS

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Thu Jun 3 10:15:22 EDT 2010

John Stowers <john.stowers.lists at gmail.com> writes:

> > > ... and probably some more, but a full review is going to take
> > > more time that I have available tonight--and this list is
> > > getting to the point where I might as well just do the
> > > cherry-picks. ;)
> >
> > While this sounds like something you guys need to agree on amongst
> > yourselves, allow me to make a few observations, especially as they
> > relate to osm-gps-map, because AFAICT some of the directions you guys
> > have been working in have been a little orthogonal.
>
> Just a subtle ping, have you guys reached a consensus yet?

Right on cue--I did say to give me `about another week, hopefully
not much more than'...  exactly 1 week ago, didn't I? :)

I'm about half-way done reading through Sander's changes, mainly
because I've spent most of my available time so far finishing up my
own pre-release work (the GUI has now been fully converted to GladeXML,
there's a new application icon that should work on all backgrounds,
there were a few more inherited bugs that I found and had to fix
before I could finish testing my changes and comparing the updated
behaviour against the last version of tangoGPS, and I'm just finishing
a draft of the NEWS file right now).

I'm not very far into looking over your new API, but I like what I see
so far.

Have you had any thoughts on how we should get the zoom-decoupling
into osm-gps-map?