[FOSS-GPS] FoxtrotGPS paint-optimize branch

John Stowers john.stowers.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 13 19:15:39 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 14:21 +0200, Sander van Grieken wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Before the clash with Marcus Bauer and the forking of FoxtrotGPS I had worked on improving
> the graphics routines. These improvements were coded against Tango 0.99.2 and were
> noticably faster on my freerunner, although some regressions were still present. My
> patches were never reviewed or merged, and instead Marcus implemented another (more crude
> IMO) caching mechanism and released 0.99.3, from which FoxtrotGPS was forked. So in the
> past weeks I have worked on rebasing my patches against the FoxtrotGPS code base.

Hi,

This is just a friendly reminder to invite you all to check out
osm-gps-map [1]. The optimisations you describe and many others were
implemented in osm-gps-map a while ago. In fact, the excellent
performance of osm-gps-map is one of the main reasons it is used in many
of the most popular mapping apps on maemo.

Cheers,

John

[1] http://nzjrs.github.com/osm-gps-map/