[FOSS-GPS] Re: Download-progress callbacks in osm-gps-map (was: FoxtrotGPS paint-optimize branch)

John Stowers john.stowers.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 16 06:04:45 EDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-05-15 at 16:33 -0400, Joshua Judson Rosen wrote:
> Sander van Grieken <sander at 3v8.net> writes:

> > > No callbacks is by design, the number of queued tiles is exposed as a
> > > gobject property (tiles-queued). It can be polled at whatever frequency
> > > the UI wishes (see python demo for example).
> >
> > Well I actually meant signals instead of callbacks, but fair enough,
> > this should suffice.  Is it also possible to inspect currently
> > running download threads, and is there a way to cancel the queue?
>
> Actually, shouldn't it be possible to listen for a "notify::tiles-queued"
> GObject signal?

Possibly, I am not sure if I call g_object_set() with the tile value
internally (as this triggers the signal emission) or just update the
value of the private instance variable directly.

I suspect I do the former. If this is a problem then I could change to
ensure that I set the property through the GObject machinery.

John