[FOSS-GPS] DGPS with software for Linux

Abdelrazak Younes younes.abdel at gmail.com
Fri May 6 09:46:46 EDT 2011

On 06/05/2011 14:06, H.S.Rai wrote:
> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 12:56 PM, Abdelrazak Younes
> <younes.abdel at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> If you are willing to contribute local DGPS
> What is local DGPS?

I guessed that's what you wanted to do, generate differential
corrections from this local, earth fixed Ashtech station.
Local Area DGPS, as opposed to Wide Area DGPS a.k.a Satellite Based
Augmentation System (as WAAS and EGNOS are).

>> I plan to move SGT to an LGPL license.

This is done now.

> I see it is GPL V2, what benefit will it carry, if you move from GPL to LGPL?

Proprietary software are now allowed to dynamically link to it. This was
not allowed with GPL.

Abdel.