[FOSS-GPS] RTKLib uBlox packets?

Danny Miller dannym at austin.rr.com
Wed Aug 15 03:10:36 PDT 2012

I was setting up RTKLib with uBlox Lea-6T again, but with a different
configuration.

I get "Device Open Error" in RTKNAVI.  A quick check showed a unit which
had been connected via USB but was now serial-over-XBee wasn't
configured to send RXM-RAW over the UART port, just the USB.  OK. But
that didn't fix it, still have "Device Open Error".  Added RXM-SFRB
too.  I do see NMEA data and binary data at the PC when looking at
HyperTerminal, from both GPS units.

Starting from the top- what packets from a uBlox will RTKNAVI actually
use?  I also probably want to avoid broadcasting more XBee bandwidth
than I'm gonna use, for power concerns if nothing else.  I need to make
sure it has the needed packets and also to turn off transmission of
packets we don't need.

Thanks,
Danny