[FOSS-GPS] Route planning support added to foxtrotgps (patch included)

Dr. Tilmann Bubeck t.bubeck at reinform.de
Wed Aug 15 09:35:48 PDT 2012

Hi FoxtrotGPS,

I added a patch to foxtrotgps to allow for route planning. It extends
foxtrotGPS to be used as a route planing tool. You can get an idea by
looking at the attached screen shot.

You start by setting a first waypoint (WP) using the menu "ways &
routes/add WP". Then you move the mouse to set the next waypoint using
the same menu entry. You construct a route by adding as many waypoints
as you like.

A route can be changed by clicking on the flag icon and choosing "delete
WP" or by dragging a flag icon around.

If you are satisfied with the route you can save it in either GPX or
TomTom format to be used on a navigation system. It will then build a
route by using the selected waypoints.

This is especially usefull for motor cycle tours or people you would
like to drive a special route.

There is code to load the GPX tour for further use afterwards.

It would be very nice to see this patch accepted into foxtrotGPS. If you
dislike the patch, then please let me know, so that I change whatever
you want me to do. Put my patch under whatever license you like.

Feel free to contact me for any further details.

The patch is included in the "bugs" section of foxtrotgps:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/foxtrotgps/+bug/1035343

Kind regards,
  Till

--
|       | dr. tilmann bubeck               reinform medien- und       |
|       | pflichtangaben nach paragraph 80, AktG:                     |
|       | reinform medien- und informationstechnologie AG, stuttgart  |
|       | handelsregister stuttgart, HRB 23001                        |
|       | vorstand:     dr. tilmann bubeck (vorsitz)                  |
|       | aufsichtsrat: frank stege (vorsitz)                         |