[FOSS-GPS] New Project with RTKlib & need help.

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Mon Jan 2 08:36:40 EST 2012

adioshun <adioshun at gmail.com> writes:
> the goal is to get a better accuracy by merging two GPS information, than
> one.
> [Question 1] Do the RTK and RTKlib are developed for the above reason? My
> goal can be solved by RTKlib?

In RTK you have base and rover receivers. Rover can move freely but base
must stay at a known position.

> [Question 2] To change the raw output format(what RTKlib required), I run an
> u-center and do the follow settings.
>  a. view -> Messages view
>  b. UBX -> CFG -> PRT
>  c. Target = USB  / Protocol in = UBX+NMEA+RTCM  / Protocol out = raw
>  d. press the "send" button
>  e. close the box

I have not used u-center (it is non-free) but can you try setting
"Protocol out" to "UBX"?

Then you also want to enable periodic RXM-RAW and RXM-SFRB
reports. These should be in CFG-MSG. Look for "Rate" and set it to
something non-zero. (I am just guessing here since I really have never
even seen u-center).

> Is this right? The RTKlib shows nothing.

Is the GPS receiver sending anything over the serial port? If not, you
can't blame rtklib :-)