[FOSS-GPS] where is the repository of rtklib?

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe tshepang at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 05:24:31 PDT 2012

On 19/06/2012 13:31, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
> "Tomoji TAKASU"<ttaka at yk.rim.or.jp>  writes:
>> Any other people like that?
>
> I would very much like to have a version control system since it makes
> it easier to review what exactly has changed between each version and
> why. However, I understand that this adds extra work for you.

I am curious what is the extra work you are talking about. Setting this
up is less than 10 minutes:

* opening an account on bitbucket

* creating new repo on bitbucket

* cloning it locally
   $ hg clone <repo url> <local repo name>

* copying local sources to <local repo name>

* track the new files:
   $ cd <local repo name>> && hg add
   $ hg commit --message "start"

* make the newest hotness available publicly
   $ hg push

There's this totally nice tutorial: http://hginit.com. It will take some
time to go through it (maybe an hour or two), but it's pretty much worth
it, since it will help make developing rtklib easier.

[sidenote] I prefer bitbucket.org since it provides gratis hosting for
mercurial (hg), and I like mercurial because it's very easy to use (at
least as compared to git), while also powerful.