[FOSS-GPS] FoxtrotGPS documentation

David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Mon Nov 5 01:30:45 PST 2012

OK, not sure if the developers are keen on FoxtrotGPS user docs or not
but I have had a very brief play. I suggest you look at

http://www.users.on.net/~dbannon/FoxDoc/foxtrotgps.html

Overall, I think AcsiiDoc is cool but not perfect. If you want to still
ship a functional man page rather than a stub and a PDF document, we are
not there. AsciiDoc does not let us maintain a single source file and
produce good looking man pages AND html.

But it does produce, easily, HTML and PDF from an easily maintained text
file that is quite human readable itself. I have not tried it but assume
we can impress the Foxtrot website style sheet onto the html too.

I suggest its a pretty reasonable way to go.

Thoughts ?

David