[FOSS-GPS] RTKLib questions

Nuno Gonçalves nunojpg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 08:03:42 PST 2012

It has been hard to understand what each position mode in RTKLib does exactly.

I have grouped them into Standalone, Differential and "With precise
orbits and clocks". Can someone check if this is correct?
Also my comments between parentheses are correct?

Standalone:
Single : Single point positioning or SBAS DGPS (Code-based solution)
Fixed: Rover receiver position is fixed (Code-based solution, filtered
for stationary antenna)

Differential:
DGPS/DGNSS : Code‐based differential GPS
Kinematic: Carrier‐based Kinematic positioning
Static : Carrier‐based Static positioning (Differential Carrier‐based
solution, filtered for stationary antenna)
Moving‐Base: Moving baseline

With precise orbits and clocks:
PPP Kinematic: Precise Point Positioning with kinematic mode
PPP Static: Precise Point Positioning with static mode
PPP Fixed: Rover receiver position is fixed with PPP mode

What exactly is the difference from PPP Static and PPP Fixed?

PPP with current RTKLib 2.4.1 is only possible with L1/L2 receivers?

For example NEO-6P does PPP with only L1 and SBAS corrections. I'm
sure the quality is not the same, but what exactly defines what is a
PPP solution? (can someone point me to the first paper where PPP was
defined?)

For last, what exactly does the Rec Dynamics option do? Does it take
additional input from a INS? I've read some stuff Mr TAKASU wrote
about it but didn't get it. I can only understand that the solution is
filtered if there is acceleration information, or if there are hard
limits defined for the solution acceleration or velocity.

Thanks for any help!

Nuno