[FOSS-GPS] FoxtrotGPS documentation (format? license?)

Dr. Tilmann Bubeck t.bubeck at reinform.de
Thu Nov 29 00:07:40 PST 2012

David,
Joshua,

the tool: well, you compare texinfo and asciidoc. At the end its a
personal taste, what tool to prefer. I think, they both have advantages
and disadvantages and are very similar.

AsciiDoc is a little more less "markup", than texinfo is. Therefore the
source is a little bit more readable. On the other hand, the tool chain
for texinfo is much more stable and robust and a well-proven path.

As Joshua is the main responsible person behind foxtrotgps I tend to let
him decide and he seems to prefer texinfo. That is absolutely fine to me.

So I propose to use texinfo.

The license stuff: You propose CC-BY-SA 3.0 which is fine for Fedora
(and probably most others). Fedora declares this as "good" on their
license page:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main?rd=Licensing#Good_Licenses_2

This is also true for GNU FDL.

So I support Joshuas proposal: texinfo + CC-BY-SA 3.0

The most important part for me was to get a manual into foxtrotgps which
is more than manual page/readme. I am happy to see this being discussed
now and even more, being decided and done. I offer my help for whichever
system gets selected.

:-)

Kind regards,
   Till