[FOSS-GPS] FoxtrotGPS - are suggestions welcome ?

David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Fri Oct 26 20:14:18 PDT 2012

 I am interested in how actively foxtrot GPS is being developed. I am
a long term user of it (and TangoGPS before that). There are a few
aspects of the user interface that I find frustrating and wonder if
its appropriate to make some constructive suggestions ?

The main one relates to recording tracks. I contribute data to OSM and
use FoxtrotGPS mainly for that purpose. At present, to control the
stopping and starting of logging, I need to show the large "control
panel" (? for lack of a better name) on the right hand side. browse
through several pages and then click a quite small text based tick
box. This control panel takes up a whole lot of screen space and the
tick box is quite awkward to find, especially if you are on the move.
I would greatly prefer if this functionality was on the left hand
menu, fronted with a reasonable sized icon that could (eg) change
colour when active.

That will do for now, I'll see how that is received !

David