[FOSS-GPS] Nokia MEIF (Measurement Engine - Position Engine) Interface support?

TJ gnss at iam.tj
Tue Aug 6 13:36:19 PDT 2013

On 06/08/13 19:06, Charles Curley wrote:> On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 18:34:54 +0100
> You might mention this on the GPSD list.

My email was sent to both FOSS-GPS and gpsd-dev.

On 06/08/13 19:00, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:

> What's your background in this area? In which country do you live?

As my sign-off says: U.K.

> Hmm, why gpsd? Aren't existing android applications mostly using the
> android.location API?

Because I'm not concerned with Android specifically; I'd like the solution to be applicable to all Free software operating systems. Once there is a publicly published specification anyone can
implement it; ideally Nokia would do that but I doubt it.

Tj.