[FOSS-GPS] Converting (foxtrot) gpx to osm

David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Tue Jan 1 23:09:31 PST 2013

Guys, FoxtrotGPS now saves its tracks as GPX rather than its own private
log format. Thats a good thing, GPX format is well know.

But it makes the convert2gpx script a bit useless. I submit a few logs
to OpenStreetMap and quite liked the old convert2gpx, it made the
process just a touch quicker. So I wrote a small python script to do the
same thing but starting with a gpx log. It also sets a few default
settings in the resulting OSM file.

Like Markus's original, it depends on gpsbabel but otherwise should work
with most standard python installs.

Its attached if you are interested.

Any license that works for you ...

David