[FOSS-GPS] Which settings must I chose to post-process 1/2h known base + station observations

Denis FEURER denis.feurer at ird.fr
Thu Nov 28 02:35:41 PST 2013

Hi Julio,

I thank you a lot for your kind and helpful answer. I'm not very
skilled in GPS and I must post-process my data in order to get precise
coordinates of my local reference points.

I tried to compile the command line tools (which I would like to use,
I'm used to this, I work on ubuntu) but I got an error. Hence I ran the
rtkpost.exe soft (with Wine).

I used the "static" setting and gave the accurate coordinates of the
base, the .obs files of base and station and the .nav file of station.
All other settings (and there are plenty of it) have been left to
default.

Some things puzzle me in the result :
-seen in Google Earth, the base position is 4 meters apart from the
place it is supposed to be at : I guess some error is normal but is
that one OK ? Actually my base point is a national Tunisian geodetic
reference. It has been GPS-observed by the tunisian cartographic
agency, which gave me the precise coordinates.
-the .pos (and hence the .kml) have numerous values : which one must I
choose ? Must I average the best ones ? (the very first value of
the .pos file is 50cm apart the others. It has a Q=2 value. All others
stand in a 1-cm square : quite impressive !)

Many thanks in advance for you kind help,

Denis