[FOSS-GPS] BINR to RTCM

arwooldridge arwooldridge at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 2 09:22:40 PST 2014

On 01/12/2014 04:47, David Kelley wrote:
> Can you provide a reasonably short file set that exhibits this for
> others to test with?
see  various plots in www.sgwooldridge.co.uk/gps-tests

I have about twenty more but they all show the same effect.
> If I am reading this this correctly, you perhaps expect an L1 only
> uBlox to perform like a more costly L1/L2 reference station

No, I typically expect only 20 cms RMS for the L1 only solution and get
this using raw data only but never from the raw converted to RTCM3 via
strsvr, but the RTCM3 converted solutions jump out to several meters

<You should perhaps save some of this data into a RINEX file format to
then process it with RTKPOST or with one of the on-line tools.  That
<way you can determine where/when the RTK solution becomes erratic and
seek for the root cause.

Unfortunately I have not got current access to the setup I used, but the
tests I used should easily be reproducible, and the description of the
test setup is in that link www.sgwooldridge.co.uk/gps-tests
Basically two instances or RTKnavi fed from identical data
simultaneously and from the same antennae except one is converted to
RTCM3 via strsvr and one used direct as raw. same results appear if base
and rover swapped also if rtknavi instances are swapped over.

I would be very interested if others can prove or disprove these
anomilies as it has been bugging me for some time.

Regards
Anthony Wooldridge
//