[FOSS-GPS] RTKLIB errors and warnings

mazahirp mazahir.poonawalla at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 21:46:02 PST 2014

Hi All,
I am new to RTK GPS and RTKLIB. I am trying to understand and still work
around with it. Please help me with the following errors:

To start understanding, I place 2 gps receives U-BLOX 6T at a distance of 1
meter (1 as rover and 1 as base). Now I use RTKNAVI to input serial UBX data
and I select kinematic as the option. However, it displays position in
single mode and in the error/warning section, I get the following error:

"initial base station position error" What is this and how to solve?

Then, the I apply values of lat/long and height which I receive in single
mode to Options->Positions->Base station. Now it starts working in kinematic
mode but the result is always "float" and the baseline is never coming to a
constant value. Also in the error/warning section, along with other
warnings, I get:

"Invalid integer ambiguity resolution" warning. What is this?

Can anyone please explain as to what these mean and how to solve it? Also,
do I need to put in base station values as I did? Was it the right method?

Thank you the help.

Cheers,
Max