[FOSS-GPS] RTKLIB errors and warnings

Mazahir Poonawalla mazahir.poonawalla at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 22:45:55 PST 2014

Hi Josh,

Hoping you are doing good. Thank you for all the support. Over the past few
days, I did some experiments. I would like to share and clear some doubts,
if you do not mind.

So, basically, I kept of distance of 14-15m (approx) between the base and
rover. Then I captured data in both "kinematic" and "moving base" modes and
simultaneously I captured data from a third receiver using ublox u-center
which I used for comparison. Now in both the cases, most of the time, the
solution remains in "FLOAT" and there have been only 15%-20% of the time
(in total) that the system remains holds a "FIX" position. What can go
wrong here now?

Secondly, what I am more concerned is the altitude difference between data
from RTKLIB (using base-rover) and u-center (using single receiver). The
altitude varies a lot in RTKLIB in both the modes i.e. Kinematic and Moving
Base. It should remain nearly the same since both base and rover are at a
fixed position as of now.

Thirdly, the baseline too, varies a lot but the average is quite close i.e.
I still get a difference of about 2 meters. The difference between high and
low is quite large, similarly with altitude.

Can you know as to what else can I try? Also, what what is the difference
between moving base and kinematic modes? Difference between "continuous"
and "fix and hold" integer ambiguity resolution? Which one would be more
preferable?

Also I noticed that cycle slip occurs a lot, infact most of the time there
is a cycle slip (as I mentioned above that the solution remains as "FLOAT"
mostly). I have done all my experiments on the terrace under the open sky.
I cannot conclude as what could be the reason?

Hoping to receive a reply from you and taking the discussion forward. Thank
you once again.

Cheers,
Max