[FOSS-GPS] [RTKLib - RTKPOST] Problems with base station coordinates (bug?)

Mattia De Agostino mattia.deagostino at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 08:53:15 PST 2015

Hello everyone,
I'm using the post-processing module RTKPOST of RTKLib software (ver. 2.4.2,
patch 11) with dual frequency GNSS RINEX files, and I noticed a small
problem regarding the settings of the base station coordinates in static
mode.

In the "Positions" > "Base Station" window, when I select the "RINEX Header
Position" coordinates (that in my files are the precise coordinates of the
base station in ETRS89 reference system), the software sums these two RINEX
fields:
"APPROX POSITION XYZ"  + "ANTENNA: DELTA H/E/N"

Unfortunately, if I also use antenna PCV ANTEX files, the "ANTENNA: DELTA
H/E/N" values are added again during the processing, so my final rover
position has an offset equal to the "ANTENNA: DELTA H/E/N" values.

Since usually the "ANTENNA: DELTA H/E/N" values are equal to zero, this
problem is difficult to be found. But our antennas have a small offset (few
cms) due to a SCIGN leveling mount like this one:
https://www.unavco.org/projects/project-support/gnss-support/permanent-station/equipment/mounts/scignmount.html

The solution of my problem is to manually insert the XYZ coordinates of the
base station. But I find very useful the "RINEX Header position" option...

Did I do something wrong?
Do you have the same problem?

If you confirm my problem, I will wrote to the software developer to report
the bug.

Thanks,
Mattia