[FOSS-GPS] Using RTKGPS+ as a server!?

gto234 mersota at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 23 03:24:37 PST 2015

Thanks,
you can try the Lefebure Ntrip Caster instead of the unstable ntrip caster
of rtkgps+.
I have not tested the rtkgps+ caster but the Lefebure Ntrip Caster works (at
least with the embedded ntrip server of a survey grade receiver i own).
However I have no success sending the base station data to the Lefebure
Ntrip Caster via rtkgps+.
You can also try and share the experience.
I don't know what I am doing wrong but these are the settings I use.

I set the Input Streams as follow:
Input Rover: disable (i setup only the base)
Input Base: enable (bluetooth receiver etc.)
Format: RTCM3
Antenna: none
Receiver option: none
Commands at startup: (the appropriate commands)
Base station position: RTCM antenna position or manually entered
Transmit GPGGA to Base Station: OFF

Then I set the output Streams as follow:
Solution 1, Enable
Type: Ntrip server
Stream settings: the appropriate settings of the Lefebure Caster
Format: Lat/Long/Height (don't know which option is correct but neither
option work)

When I turn on the Server on the RTKGPS+ it connects to the receiver and i
see the satellites but the connection to the ntrip caster ends with a
"invalid mountpoint" message. Of course the mountpoint is correct because
the same settings work with the embedded ntrip server of the receiver.

You can try and let me know if you have success.