[FOSS-GPS] which low cost GPS receiver to buy for pseudorange + Doppler measurements

Forrest Voight forrest.voight at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 13:29:42 PST 2015

Any NV08C-CSM kit/board will support doppler velocity output - it's a
feature of the NV08C-CSM module itself. Doppler velocity measurements
are much less affected by antenna quality than carrier phase
measurements. If the antenna won't be rotating much (relatively to the
sky) and you're not worried about multipath, there's no practical
difference between cheap antennas and survey antennas for doppler
measurements.

The NV08C-EVK-CSM is $762.50 USD from Newark [1]. Here's another place
to buy (cheaper) NV08C-CSM devices: https://sylphase.com/ (Full
disclosure: That's me.)

[1]: http://www.newark.com/nvs-technologies/nv08c-evk/eval-kit-for-nv08c/dp/55T6933