[FOSS-GPS] RTKLib rover - base question

ku4dd ku4dd at w4fbc.org
Tue Mar 3 18:08:56 PST 2015

I'm resurrecting a very old post here, but I have tried this and have
questions about it.

Software: RTKlib 2.4.2

Hardware:

Base - NovAtel SuperStar II (SSII)
Rover - U-Blox NEO-6T (USB)

However, if you have a base station then you should try the following:
1) start up RTKnavi on the base station computer and run the PPPstatic
for 12-24 hours. Then take the final coordinates and write them down.
(dont move your base station antenna as you have now determined the
location of your base)

Did this using the SSII.

2) run strsvr.exe on the base station computer. set the input as you
would for rtknavi. then set the output as TCPserver and put in a random
port number. I used 5000. figure out the IP of your base station computer.

Did this as well, and STRSRV is streaming data from the SSII.

3) plug your rover into your rover computer. start up RTKnavi on your
rover computer. set up the rover for a Single solution. Also turn on the
base station and select TCPclient as the input type. Then for the option
add the ip of your base station computer and the port you set.

Did this and....

4) go into the options and under the "Positions" Tab. The lower half is
where you can input the coordinates of your base station. If you are
using degrees and seconds then use the "Lat/Lon/Height (deg/m)" or if
you have degrees that are decimal then use the "Lat/Lon/Height (dms/m)"
and the others are rather self explanatory. You dont need to mess with
the antenna Type.

Noticed that the area for the base station coordinates was grayed out.

So I selected another solution option and filled in the base station
coordinates, then switched back to the single solution option.

5) Start it up and see how it works.

I see both the rover and base lights flashing dark/light green, but the
resulting solution is all over the place.

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

Kind Regards,
Chris