[FOSS-GPS] RTKLIB - RINEX [MARKER]

Felipe G. Nievinski fgnievinski at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 12:35:16 PST 2015

Hi Graziano.

Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 15:24:27 +0100
> From: "graziano.navalesi at hotmail.com" <graziano.navalesi at hotmail.com>
> To: foss-gps at lists.osgeo.org
> Subject: [FOSS-GPS] RTKLIB - RINEX
>
> Good afternoon, I state to know little English and RTKLIB.
> I can not with RTKLIB to upload files containing RINEX MARKER and MARKER
> NUMBER NAME. I wish recordings made inside a MARKER NAME were loaded as
> a single point of coordinates weighted averages.
> Thanks, Graziano Navalesi

Typically rinex marker records are used for stop-and-go type of surveys.
AFAIK, RTKLIB doesn't support this type of data processing, see RTKLIB
Release Notes:
<http://gpspp.sakura.ne.jp/rtklib_2.4.2_releasenote.htm>
"(12) Support "STOP and GO" mode for RTK or post processing kinematic (not
yet)"

As you pointed out, it could be implemented as a weighted average of epochs
processed as kinematic during a given point occupation window.  There has
been previous discussions, see:
<http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/foss-gps/2014-January/001026.html>
There has also been discussions about hardware options:
<http://www.navsparkforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=189>

Finally, the upcoming Reach module uses RTKLIB, so its ReachView app could
be a good starting point:
<http://docs.emlid.com/reach/Reach/reachview-app/reachview-app/>
Maybe such a feature could be crowd-funded?

Regards,
-Felipe.