[FOSS-GPS] Configuring a NV08C for rtklib

Fred Labrosse ffl at aber.ac.uk
Thu Oct 8 06:45:49 PDT 2015

All,

I have finally found some time to play with that again.  I am trying to set the device to send BINR on port 1, where the USB is attached to, because that would be a lot more convenient in our application (only one connection rather than having to use the USB to power the device and the serial connection to get the data).

So I have modified the command at startup with two additional lines (before the lines that were suggested earlier in this thread):

$PORZA,1,115200,3*7F
!WAIT 500

which are supposed to set port 1 to send BINR data at 115200 bauds.  This seems to work.  However, I need to connect once first with no parity for the first line to work, then disconnect and reconnect again with odd parity to be able to get the BINR.

I, possibly wrongly, thought that I needed to tell the device to switch to BINR using NMEA as it, by default, sends NMEA so would presumably not understand BINR.  Is that a right assumption?  If yes, is there a way around that issue of having to connect, disconnect and reconnect again?

Cheers,

Fred

PS, In fact it seems that sometimes I have to disconnect and reconnect again a couple of times before I get BINR data, but this might be just a question of flushing ports or waiting more, I haven’t yet found a solution.