[FOSS-GPS] Base station via TCP or NTRIP

David Kelley DavidKelley at iTSware.net
Thu Sep 3 07:38:19 PDT 2015

Márton Farkas:
The  Lefebure's NTRIP caster is a bit outdated and causes a memory leak,
you can no longer use it without some code rework.
Are you trying to send the u-blox raw data to another set of devices
such as RTKLIB?  That is easy.  Or are you trying to send the u-blox raw
data after it is first converted to RTCM and then sent another device
(or set of devices). that gets a bit harder.

Keep in mind that RTKLIB is not an NTRIP caster, the STRSVR tool simply
sends data to such casters.  Unless you need to connect multiple clients
(ie rovers) you many not need a 'real' caster.  You may be able to just
set RTKLIB up to use the TCP client/server settings.  In fact most ublox
to ublox users do just that.

[Please give me a call or email offline and I can send you a suitable
caster if you are interested.  We are a few week short of providing a
free copy of a tool called simple NTRIP  to others for beta testing, but
I can get you one-off copy to solve the above problems and you can
switch to the beta at a latter date. I replied to your post  privately
as we are not ready to advertise this until after the ION convention
this month]

On 9/3/2015 12:51 AM, Márton Farkas wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to use an own u-blox lea-5t for base station. I tried to
> use RTKLIB TCP server option, and Lefebure's NTRIP caster software
> too. And there isn't any success.
> Both of the apps get data from the COM port. I also enabled  the port
> number at Windows firewall settings.
> I set the RTKLIB input for the TCP client, or the NTRIP caster, and I
> don't get any data.
> If somebody use one of the base solutions, and could help for me, I
> would be very grateful.
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Marton

Regards,
David Kelley
ITS Programs Manager
SubCarrier Systems Corp. (SCSC)
626-485-7528 (Cell)     626-513-7715 (Office)