[FOSS-GPS] help with RTKPOST of GPS file please

David Kelley DavidKelley at ITSware.net
Tue Apr 19 17:33:21 PDT 2016

ebennb:
I finally got some time to play with this data today...   I found a
fixing rate of 23.9% with a continuous AR setting and 2.9 threshold,
elevation angle of 15 deg, reset set to defaults.  More or less the same
as what Michele got, perhaps the additional AR fixed % is just due to
minor setting changes.  I see a very odd think to report and ask others
about; looking at the debug traces there is a constant stream of cycle
slips on anywhere from five to all of the SVs, it never settled in this
respect.  Even with the somewhat low Cno values, there should not be
this constant loss of lock.   Also, when the platform is on the ground
and getting a smattering fixed points, it is still shifting by a couple
of meters, so unless you were hovering over it (blocking the signals),
this is quite suspect. Finally, in the air, on a couple of the loops, as
the platform moves its heading from directly north to slightly west,
there is a noticeable (i.e. repeatable) jump. It is probably traceable
to part of the airframe blocking a key SV each time.  I remain
suspicious of the antenna used, and kind of suspect your can double your
rates with a better on.  Was this a small patch antenna and was there
any sort of ground plane?

When you do the next "warm up" try to keep anyone a good 10 meters away
from it and then we can process that segment using other method to
stationary observation and perhaps learn more about this odd constant
cycle slipping.

--
Regards,
David Kelley