[FOSS-GPS] foxtrotgps: Source code for features for manual track editing

Jochen Peters jochen.peters at uni-duesseldorf.de
Mon Jun 1 07:47:03 PDT 2020

Hello, everyone,

I use foxtrotgps to measure the tracks I have driven - without gps data. Although foxtrotgps has this function, but there is no possibility to save it. I would also like to be able to load these tracks with a distance measurement. For this I have implemented the following ideas in the code:

- with the distance measurement the coordinates are attached to the content of the clipboard instead of being exchanged
- these coordinates are not appended to the clipboard with "lat - lon", but with "lat,lon,distance distunit".
- when loading tracks, the distance per coordinate is calculated and (additively) output in the console with g_printf().

These small adjustments make it possible for me to measure tracks with foxtrotgpsby hand and save it as track via clipboard in a text file. Furthermore I can read these files afterwards with foxtrotgps (and other lists with coordinates) and have the track measured (distance).

Since I'm not sure if this changed behaviour of foxtrotgps is also desired by other users, I don't know if (and how) I should transmit these changes with Bazaar.

So at this point I wanted to ask how I should proceed and whether there is any interest at these changes.

kindly regards
Jochen