[FOSS4G-Oceania-discuss] Seeking Climbing Partner(s)

Martin Tomko tomkom at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Sep 24 21:46:14 PDT 2018

HI all,
Depending on how busy the week is, I am certainly happy to join. For sure Monday in the gym should be doable ( although I am a bit rusty now).
When it comes to outdoors, it may be a stretch.
Camel Hump in the You Yangs is closeby, but an inclined slab. Not great fun, I believe ( but I have not. Done it).
The Weribee gorge is probably more fun. Beware, Australian climbing, unlike most European crags, is trad - you need gear to protect the route, unless you climb >UIAA 7.
If you have more time, the Grampians or Arapiles are the place to go, a one day trip to the Cathedral ranges is also an option ( and great place to be anyway).

Great to see outdoorsy spatial folks, not many here in Melbs (
M.