[FOSS4G-Oceania] Code Sprint funding - OSGeo

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 15:17:25 PDT 2018

Hi all, FYI:

Alex & I attended the first part of the OSGeo board meeting last night via
IRC, to provide information on our request for funding for our code
sprint/community day. We were asking for $1475USD (~$2000AUD).

It received a warm response, and unanimous support in the meeting. I
believe they will need to formalise their response, as they use a voting
system separate from the meeting, but I think we should be able to proceed
with the assumption we have this support.

They also had a few tips for us, some examples:

   - top tip is get the project and committee leads involved early,
   planning to attend, and with a task they want to accomplish
   - please start a LessonsLearned wiki page for the whole event, asap
   - So I would like to approve this, but also invite our guests back to a
   board meeting after the event .. for feedback on how we can make these
   effective.

There was a bit of discussion around the difficulty of keeping people at
the sprint when it comes at the end of a conference... something we should
keep in mind.

Full log is here
<https://view.matrix.org/room/!fJlCtKdpMHgXoEvxTO:matrix.org/?anchor=$1533160454353090jGFIE:matrix.org&offset=940>
.

So, nice work pulling this together everyone! We'd better do what we can to
make the Community Day a success! :)

Cheers
John