[FOSS4G-Oceania] Catering

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 15:05:51 PDT 2018

Sounds great Daniel, thanks a lot for rounding all of that up, looks like
it has been a fair bit of work! Well done.

I agree that lunch boxes are our best bet for ensuring the Arts Hall
doesn't become a massive bottleneck.

A couple of thoughts:
- Ideally we would minimise our use of disposable plastics, can we get any
additional info from the caterer about the materials used, so we can answer
the inevitable questions, and have a handle on what our overall
environmental impact is?
- For Community Day - ordering on the day with confirmed attendance sounds
very practical. Probably it would make sense to get a rough idea of
attendance ahead of time, and talk to them a week or 2 in advance, so
they're ready for us.
- The coffee cart option sounds great. But we need to run it up against our
schedule
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tmqjTjK2w6qmbpGJo9_zZVkduPAYU4qTJm2x7K-TY7Q/edit#gid=502988270>
and
figure out the practicality of it. Also need to double check the times we
have the rooms, and make sure the sequencing all makes sense. But in
principle, I like the idea and I'm in favour, if we can work out a
practical order of operations.

John