[FOSS4G-Oceania] MOTION: form OSGeo Oceania & appoint board

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 19:59:53 PST 2018

Hi all, with 10 votes in favour, and none opposed, I think it's safe to
consider this motion passed. And so, we can end the year with a new sense
of purpose and determination, ready to start our work in January with a
clear direction ahead. And with the motion passed, this committee is done,
and the new board takes its place.

It has been an incredible year... by working hard together, we've achieved
a great deal for this community and laid the foundation for growth. I feel
privileged to have had the opportunity to work with this group, and deeply
honoured to have served as the chair.

Kudos to every one of you who have dedicated your time & energy to the
effort, and I'm looking forward to working with the new board in the new
year. Happy holidays everyone, enjoy a well-deserved break!