[FOSS4G-Oceania] Plenary Panel Session

Alex Leith alexgleith at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 13:43:17 PDT 2018

Hi All

I agree around panelists, but this suggestion is specifically for the chair.

Panelists will likely be formed partly of keynotes, but some others too
(for example, Cameron has said that he would be interested in being on a
diversity panel).

Anyhow, seems that the consensus is that we shouldn't invite a panel chair,
we should pick one from attendees. I do disagree with this, in this case.
Here is an opportunity to bring someone along from the broader community,
in this case, someone leading the spatial business community, and she will
bring with her some diversity of opinion, and some deep insights. It is
quite likely that she would register for the event, too, we just can't be
sure about that!

Cheers,

Alex Leith
0419 189 050