[FOSS4G-Oceania] upcoming publicity

adam steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 01:41:09 PDT 2018

hey folks

A quick note to broadly communicate a few upcoming conference publicity
opportunities.

I’ve sent our ‘first post’ to the Australian e-Research Organisation (AeRO
- http://aero.edu.au) - who are keen to promote the event via their monthly
newsletter. It should make it into the next one (out later this week/early
next week).

Next - tomorrow I have a few minutes to talk about the conference at an
Earth Observation Australia webinar. It’s mainly an academic audience so
I’ll also ask for help with the academic program. I’ve contacted Martin and
Sarah to see what they need, other suggestions welcome. Find out who EOA
are here: http://eoa.org.au (for disclosure I’m on the steering committee).

Finally, I’m aiming for a lightning talk slot at ResBaz Sydney in early
July (https://resbaz.github.io/resbaz2018/sydney/). This is another
academic focussed meeting (early career researchers and postgrad students).
For that, it would also be awesome to gather thoughts on what to present /
maybe generate a template for presentations. It will be right in the middle
of the call for papers, so hopefully still able to bring contributions in.

Cheers

Adam

--
Dr. Adam Steer