[FOSS4G-Oceania] upcoming publicity

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 17:50:30 PDT 2018

Well done Adam.

Re putting on a lightning talk, you might want to make use of a cut down
version of the OSGeo-Live presentation. Maybe select a title like "What
can you do with Open Source GIS?"

Then talk about a couple of the popular projects.

Slides with speaking notes at:
https://live.osgeo.org/en/presentation/index.html#/

Abstract at: https://live.osgeo.org/en/presentation/abstract.txt

On 14/6/18 8:28 am, John Bryant wrote:
> Nice work Adam! Thanks for keeping us all in the loop.
>
> Cheers
> John
>
> On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 at 01:41, adam steer <adam.d.steer at gmail.com
> <mailto:adam.d.steer at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     hey folks
>
>     A quick note to broadly communicate a few upcoming conference
>     publicity opportunities.
>
>     I’ve sent our ‘first post’ to the Australian e-Research
>     Organisation (AeRO - http://aero.edu.au) - who are keen to promote
>     the event via their monthly newsletter. It should make it into the
>     next one (out later this week/early next week).
>
>     Next - tomorrow I have a few minutes to talk about the conference
>     at an Earth Observation Australia webinar. It’s mainly an academic
>     audience so I’ll also ask for help with the academic program. I’ve
>     contacted Martin and Sarah to see what they need, other
>     suggestions welcome. Find out who EOA are here:
>     http://eoa.org.au (for disclosure I’m on the steering committee).
>
>     Finally, I’m aiming for a lightning talk slot at ResBaz Sydney in
>     early July (https://resbaz.github.io/resbaz2018/sydney/). This is
>     another academic focussed meeting (early career researchers and
>     postgrad students). For that, it would also be awesome to gather
>     thoughts on what to present / maybe generate a template for
>     presentations. It will be right in the middle of the call for
>     papers, so hopefully still able to bring contributions in.
>
>     Cheers
>
>     Adam
>
>     --
>     Dr. Adam Steer