[FOSS4G-Oceania] Opening/closing remarks

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 13:56:36 PST 2018

On 11/11/18 3:59 am, Alex Leith wrote:
> The only other logistical thing that you haven't mentioned, but that
> we've discussed, is opening and closing remarks.

I assume John, as chair, should deliver the welcome and closing addresses?

You might want to weave in a bit of a story about our journey to
creating this event. The numbers we expected, and how surprised and
happy we've been to have attracted so much interest, and humbled by the
amount of support provided by so many people. Then share a few metrics
about what has been achieved.

I'd be happy to review presentation notes if you like.

--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254