[FOSS4G-Oceania] Letter of Intent to host FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2019 in Wellington, NZ

Daniel Silk dwsilk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 20:05:03 PST 2018

Awesome Greg!

There are actually a lot of events that are likely to be held in Nov 2019 - there are multiple regional GIS conferences held in November in NZ, potentially the NZ Geospatial Research Conference (which I’ve heard might be co-located with GeoComputation 2019 in November next year?), ISCRAM Asia Pacific was held in Wellington this month but not sure where / if it will be in 2019, plus the Pacific RS & GIS conference.

So I think the date needs some discussion again.

We could potentially look at holding the conference the same week as the NZSEA Awards as that usually attracts a number of the spatial industry to Wellington and was held on Oct 17 this year.

That will be a great place to start in early December!