[FOSS4G-Oceania] Onwards!

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 13:24:04 PST 2018

Hi committee,

What a week! Congratulations on a job very well done everybody, that was an
incredible experience. We have a very energised community on our hands. I
think we can feel justifiably proud of our achievements.

We have 46 responses to our attendee survey
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17aBWqmTwivf-Cj_4cwUZTX9pDwACM3A8ZhfLFI8-F30/edit#responses>
so far, there is an overwhelmingly positive vibe in the feedback, and also
some constructive criticism that we can use to make improvements for 2019.

Let's catch our breath, and enjoy the warm & fuzzy feelings of a big
accomplishment and a job well done. But also, let's not lose the
opportunity to capture learnings while they're fresh in our minds. If you
have any thoughts about things we can improve on, or things to remember for
next year, please drop them in the Lessons Learned
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B8LH08BRLMZVeGVH4kvdW74UhmuvqMi9ANtpr0sw7Fs/edit#>
document. Once we close the attendee survey, we can do a review and
consolidate this doc and all feedback into a cohesive whole that can serve
as a reference for 2019 and beyond.

By way of an agenda over the next few weeks, as we wind down the 2018 event
and work out how to transition to the next part of the journey, I suggest
these key items:

   - finalise logistical things like tshirt orders, get
   videos/photos/workshop materials on the website, tidy up Google Drive, tidy
   up website
   - close out finances and negotiate final figures with SSSI
   - consolidate feedback from the event, review, and understand where we
   can improve
   - governance improvements for the next phase of our development

Any other major items to add to this list?

If it's OK I will call a meeting for this coming Friday?

Great job everybody! It has been a real pleasure this last 12 months
getting to where we are today, and the event's success was the icing on the
cake.

Cheers
John