[FOSS4G-Oceania] Governance

adam steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 04:35:44 PST 2018

Hi all, great discussion and thanks John/Daniel for starting a governance
document.

re. incorporating an association - Greg/Daniel mainly: any difficulties
forseeable with international currency movement? ie for wellington 2019? I
suppose we can follow OSGeo and charge for things in a dominant regional
currency.

naming: yeah tricky. OSGeo Oceania seems allright to me, but I’m biased and
lazy. I’d like to keep the OSM folks involved, a few talks at the event
were perfect for bringing less technical folk along for the ride - so it’d
be fantastic to have that connection/window open into different worlds.

Also trying to cast 10 years into the future and see what’s going to be
relevant, I still can’t come up with any better idea (see bias). I’m sure
we can find sustaining local sponsors to cover costs; and conferences will
be the primary means of income…

Dr. Adam Steer
http://spatialised.net
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Adam_Steer