[FOSS4G-Oceania] What is our upper limit of registrations?

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 14:08:00 PDT 2018

OK team, let's wrap this one up.

I'm reading the comments in this thread as generally supporting setting an
upper limit at 250, with some valid concerns raised around our ability to
handle the crowd size. With some further discussion on the topic at last
week's committee meeting, there was also general support.

Let's mitigate the HR risk as best we can, by making good use of paid help
in the lead up and during the conference itself (this was also part of the
meeting discussion).

On that note, I've drafted a role description
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oXjrk-qc2Qmgc2F36EwSUhAcelARwG2Lf5KlAmtOEuQ/edit#>
for a Conference Coordinator, and have circulated it to Melbourne-based
committee members and others, feel free to share. Comments & suggestions on
the role description welcome! It would be good to get someone in place soon
- if you know anyone in Melbourne who would be good at this kind of work
and is available, get them to drop us a line at admin at foss4g-oceania.org.

Cheers!
John