[FOSS4G-Oceania] INFO: Pre-meeting update

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 22:37:28 PDT 2018

Hi all, just a brief pre-meeting update from me ahead of tomorrow's
meeting, in the interests of conserving meeting time and making sure
everyone's up to date on stuff. If anyone else wants to do similar, seems
like a decent way to get people up to speed ahead of the discussion.

*Building & room access*
We're not able to get a key for the room we originally planned to use as an
organiser's room (152), so aiming to secure another space. I'm optimistic
we'll be able to get this space for the Monday, which will give us a chance
to move some stuff in the day before Workshops Day.

*Conference Coordinator hire*
We have a Coordinator! Her name is Tania Hibbard-Nitz, and she's already
part of the open source geospatial community, previously part owner of
Digital Mapping Solutions NZ. She previously registered for the conference,
but was enticed by the thought of helping out, and has a strong
organisational background. Looking forward to working with Tania over the
coming weeks.

*Travel Grant Program*
We've awarded 7 grants, and are waiting to hear back from the 8th person
selected. This should be complete very soon. There will be a small amount
of TGP funds left over, which we can discuss at the meeting.

*A/V planning*
Martin gave me a demo of the uni's Lecture Capture system yesterday, it's
very slick and should support our video recording effort very nicely. After
sifting through the video quotes, I've spoken to a company and gotten into
some of the details with them, will confirm their participation on Monday.

I'm working on pulling together the A/V requirements for the venue, mostly
around microphones. There's a doc here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u2cI8PwN7RxaXN3wBLR4pyYOyFgKR9TCJ8A8cCJ31gU/edit#gid=440505796>
annotating requirements for each session, if anyone has experience with
this kind of thing, please take a quick look and let me know if there's
anything to add.

Cheers
John