[FOSS4G-Oceania] Missing Keynote - Pia can't make it

Alex Leith alexgleith at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 16:35:39 PDT 2018

Hi Cameron

Pia talked about open data and open source and the drive in NSW government
to get information and data out at 'scale' and how open source is required
for that.

I'm sure that the people she is recommending will be excellent, if we are
after the government perspective.

Regards,

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 at 10:32 Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sorry, I can't make meeting today either (Day job getting in the way).
>
> Do we know what topic is planned to be filled in this presentation?
>
> I'm assuming it will be related to Open Data and Open Government within
> Australia, which I think is very topical and relevant, and I'd be
> supportive of one of the proposed speakers talking to those topics.
>
> On 26/10/2018 10:24 AM, Alex Leith wrote:
>
> Hi All
>
> I just received a call from Pia, and she can't make our event.
>
> Pia has suggested two replacements, who she can help us to organise:
>
>    - Her director, (not sure who) from digital nsw
>    https://www.digital.nsw.gov.au/blog
>    - Dr Ian Oppermann, or his CEO,
>    https://www.atse.org.au/content/fellows-public/recognition/oppermann-chief-data-scientist.aspx
>

> But we might like to find our own alternative.
>
> We should discuss this at our meeting today. (Although I can't make it...)
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Alex
> --
>
> Alex Leith
> 0419 189 050

> --
> Cameron Shorter
> Technology Demystifier
>
> M +61 (0) 419 142 254 <+61%20419%20142%20254>

Alex Leith
0419 189 050