[FOSS4G-Oceania] Finalising Code of Conduct & incident handling procedures

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 20:58:09 PDT 2018

Feel free to add me to this list.

I agree that we should aim to have at least 2 women on this list, and
the duties if required, are often not likely to be pleasant.

I'm not sure about the details of our arrangement with Tania, but I'd be
hopeful that we could include this as part of her paid role, if she is
comfortable with taking it on.

On 31/10/18 2:13 pm, John Bryant wrote:
> OK! I think the 3 Code of Conduct docs are more or less ready to go,
> thanks to everyone who wrote & reviewed them:
>
> Code of Conduct
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YClXd9_McSuzX8ZPElSTxNeDgK45duW7aRhaHSbKlG8>
> Reporting a Code of Conduct incident - attendees
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dxlvMoTtlenq4JR9OFXi6h72-WyeqjvH04iBf84mk1s>
> Handling a Code of Conduct incident - volunteers
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1alkZTHWWwdpmhLhgwvvtbKzAYo_wnRIKGEtcZnd1X2c>
>
> In addition to myself, these people are listed as 'Nominated
> Responsible Persons' (please feel free to suggest a better term!):
>
>   * Jonah Sullivan
>   * Adam Steer
>   * Edoardo Neerhut
>   * Martin Tomko
>   * David Dean
>   * Greg Lauer
>   * Sarah Goodwin
>
> Ideally we'd have at least one more woman on this list, so that in the
> event of an incident requiring two women in attendance, we have it
> covered. But Tania can likely assist if needed.
>
> For those on this list, your responsibility is to make sure you're
> familiar with the documents and the incident handling procedures, so
> you know what to do in the event of an incident... if there's anything
> that needs adjustment or clarification, please add comments in the
> docs and we can resolve them in the next couple of days.
>
> Cheers
> John

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier