[FOSS4G-Oceania] Motion: Increased discount for workshop presenters

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 19:12:43 PDT 2018

I'm of two minds on this additional proposal. Free regos for presenters
would be a bold move, and would be a nice way to recognise the large effort
that workshop presenters are putting in. The Good Mojo suggestion seems
workable.

But alarms bells are going off for me, on the potential it has for opening
up several other cans of worms with other registration fees, eg. conference
presenters, and other community contributors. I'm reluctant to start an
overhaul of our pricing model at this stage, I'm worried we don't have
enough momentum on logistics and execution right now to deal with the
significant effort this re-think would require.

Perhaps we can leave the motion as it is, but committee members can
additionally comment on Cameron's suggestion? I'd be very interested to
hear some perspectives on this.