[FOSS4G-Oceania] Motion: extended, targeted call for papers if needed

adam steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 04:51:54 PDT 2018

OK, so if we carte blanche accept all the proposals sent in by women, we
are still at around 2 in 10 women - we don’t *want* to accept work based on
gender.. we may have no choice.

not sure about the community vote - need to decide whether to vote on all
at once, or only what is there now.

I hope this makes sense, I’m in Dar Es Salaam airport struggling to stay
awake.. I’m exhausted!

On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 at 14:25, John Bryant <johnwbryant at gmail.com> wrote:

> 35-40 speaking slots, roughly... exact # will depend on submissions & the
> final program.
>
> Right now we have 7 submissions by women, and I know of 1 more coming in,
> and they all look like very relevant talks (judging by titles only).
>
> With this motion in play, I'm feeling a little unsure about whether we are
> launching the planned Community Vote in the morning (as advertised, and
> people are asking), or not? I'm leaning towards yes, myself (assuming Alex
> manages to get it ready between flights). Does running the Community Vote
> interfere with the continuation of this discussion?

Adam Steer
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Adam_Steer
http://au.linkedin.com/in/adamsteer
http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0046-7236