[FOSS4G-Oceania] Motion: increase TGP contribution

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 14:23:06 PDT 2018

+0 I don't feel strongly, but trust John's judgement in calling this motion.

Adam, can you please loop me in on conversations around developing a TGP
policy. This is something I'd like to help OSGeo with if I can find the
time.

Cheers, Cameron

On 11/09/2018 7:03 AM, Daniel Silk wrote:
> +1
>
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 9:02 AM Jonah Sullivan
> <jonahsullivan79 at gmail.com <mailto:jonahsullivan79 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     +1
>
>     On Tue, 11 Sep. 2018, 06:57 John Bryant, <johnwbryant at gmail.com
>     <mailto:johnwbryant at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Hi all, I want to raise a motion to increase our contribution
>         to our Travel Grant Program.
>
>         Currently, we have committed 5 conference & workshop
>         registrations (est cash cost $1500) plus $1500 cash, for a
>         total of $3000. This is partly funded by community & sponsor
>         contributions to the Good Mojo Fund, and partly out of our
>         surplus.
>
>         You'll recall, we're seeking $3000 in additional funding from
>         OSGeo. With their contribution, we would be in a position to
>         assist approx. 5 attendees through the TGP. Unfortunately,
>         it's uncertain whether we'll get this additional funding. The
>         OSGeo committee responsible for their TGP wishes to develop a
>         policy before deciding on disbursing any funds, and
>         effectively, we need to know before our application deadline
>         of 21 Sep, so that we know how to proceed. It may be difficult
>         for them to make a decision on this in the time frame we require.
>
>         We're doing what we can - Adam is directly involved with OSGeo
>         on this policy, and we've asked if they can expedite the
>         process, or perhaps make an exception in our case while they
>         consider their policy development. Fingers crossed.
>
>         So, the motion is this:
>
>         *We contribute an additional $3000 to our Travel Grant
>         Program, which will enable us to support 5 attendees. In the
>         event that OSGeo decides to make an additional contribution of
>         $3000, as we've requested, we additionally contribute 3 full
>         registrations (conference & workshop), so that we can support
>         8 attendees in total.*

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254