[FOSS4G-Oceania] Fwd: use of FOSS4G SotM Oceania logo

Martin Tomko tomkom at unimelb.edu.au
Sat Sep 22 01:50:46 PDT 2018

My position is different,  but on holidays so will respond on Monday.
Martin

On 22 Sep. 2018 2:39 pm, Greg Lauer <gregory.lauer at gmail.com> wrote:
In reflection and reading through the emails an 'absolutely no' may have been a bit harsh on my part....They did ask permission and it seem to be with in the 'spirit' of FOSS4G SoTM

My concern is around trademarks and insuring that we (as in the committee) have complete control over it use. I don't equate us being a proponent of all things open source with us being assertive over trademark usage.

Cameron's point is valid and we need to respond.

The above said I feel John's answer is an appropriate response in this case, in that we are clear in asserting ownership, and also following the spirit of open source in make use of an asset as simple and easy as possible.

So  +1 from me for John's proposed answer

Greg