[FOSS4G-Oceania] Motion: logo permission

Martin Tomko tomkom at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Sep 24 16:59:00 PDT 2018

+1! With a note on no merchandise use ( non commercial use only).
M.

From: FOSS4G-Oceania <foss4g-oceania-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> on behalf of John Bryant <johnwbryant at gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 25 September 2018 at 9:58 am
To: "foss4g-oceania at lists.osgeo.org" <foss4g-oceania at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: Re: [FOSS4G-Oceania] Motion: logo permission

I think the point about transparency is well taken, and potentially not too hard to address. Martin pointed here (http://www.placonference.org/conference-logo/<http://www.placonference.org/conference-logo/>) for an example, we could adopt something similar (perhaps a bit more basic) on our website, along these lines:

The custom logo of the conference is property of the FOSS4G SotM Oceania Organising Committee. Anyone wishing to use the logo in their promotional materials must seek permission from the Committee. To request the use of the logo, please contact admin at foss4g-oceania.org<mailto:admin at foss4g-oceania.org>.

It's not especially toothy or onerous, but transparently gives the signal that we're willing to grant permission in some cases.